Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG)
Investing in corporate responsibility is core to our business strategy and reflects our core values of accountability, inclusion, teamwork, excellence and integrity. Our commitment to environmental, social and governance (ESG) topics plays a critical role in helping us achieve our mission in a way that is socially responsible and environmentally sustainable.
To accomplish this, we created a Corporate Responsibility Committee that is responsible for managing ESG issues and, in consultation with our senior leadership team, driving ESG-related goals, strategies, stakeholder engagement, public reporting, risk mitigation and other relevant activities across the company. Following is an overview of some of our key commitments.
- Deliver on OneTen Commitment to hire/promote 200 Black Americans without a four-year degree
- Increase Hispanic representation to 15% of overall U.S. workforce and 3.7% in Leadership roles
- Increase Black representation to 10% of overall U.S. workforce and 12% in Leadership roles
- Maintain female representation at 50% of overall workforce
- Increase female representation in leadership roles to 39%
- By 2030, Achieve NetZero operational greenhouse gas emissions (aligned with Paris Climate Accord) (Carbon)
- By 2030, reduce potable water use by 30% compared to 2019 (excludes leased office facilities) and achieve water neutrality in water stressed regions (Water)
- By 2030, reduce total solid waste generated by 20% compared to 2019, including elimination of single use plastics (excludes R&D operations) and achieve Zero Waste status through diversion programs (Waste)
- By 2025, ensure 100% of our product packaging used is widely recyclable or reusable, including eliminating all unnecessary plastics, where quality/safety permits (Product Stewardship)
- By 2025, increase secondary and tertiary product package composition to 30% post-consumer recycled plastic content and 70% recycled content paper from sustainability managed forests (Product Stewardship)