Creating Possible Fund
We believe that all people should have the same access to quality education and opportunity to prosper, regardless of their background and circumstances. Through this funding opportunity announcement (FOA) – Creating Possible: Advancing Health Prosperity through Education Equity – we aim to catalyze innovative approaches to scaling evidence-based successes and supporting organizations working to increase the health and wellness of communities that have been most impacted by inequitable structures and policies within and around school systems.
Below please find a summary of the program and its purpose. Click here to find the full FOA with detailed information about the program.
Program and Purpose
The Gilead Foundation Creating Possible Fund seeks to catalyze innovative approaches to complex social issues. We are challenging changemakers to be bold and creative in either developing new evidence-based strategies, or equally valuable, facilitating the adoption of existing successful policies and interventions at scale.
The inaugural Creating Possible Fund, Advancing Health Prosperity through Education Equity, will allocate up to $30 million over the next three years to support systemic or scaled impact to advance equity in education and improve the physical and mental health and wellness of adolescent and transitional-age youth in the United States.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- Nonprofit status: IRS determination letter confirming current 501(c)3 tax status
- Proven track record of sound financial stewardship and ability to deliver impactful programming
- Core content expertise in U.S. education system, education policy, administration/management, and specific experience in education equity and/or health equity and social justice or restorative justice.
- Knowledge of and experience with systems change and change management paradigms and the ability to identify high priority, high impact opportunities for action
- A data-driven approach and experience in collecting, evaluating and contextualizing outcomes data
- Strong existing networks and the ability to develop new allies and successful stakeholder coalitions that create accountability and amplification
- Communications capacity to develop and deliver a compelling narrative and share information
Application Process and Grant Funding
Organizations interested in applying must submit the Letter of Intent (LOI) to GileadFoundation@gilead.com. LOIs will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. ET on March 15, 2022. Please include “Creating Possible LOI” in the subject heading.
Questions related to this Creating Possible Funding Opportunity Announcement should be directed to GileadFoundation@gilead.com with the subject heading “Creating Possible FOA”.
- Submission of an application does not guarantee any award of funding.
- The Gilead Foundation reserves the right to approve or deny any submitted application for any reason, at its sole discretion.
- Recipients receiving support will be required to complete post-program budget reconciliation, submit any data required for state/federal reporting purposes such as open payments (Sunshine Act) and provide program outcomes.
- The awarding of a grant in any one cycle does not imply that any subsequent grant for the same project or a similar project will be awarded without further application and approval.
- Previous funding from Gilead and/or the Gilead Foundation does not imply any future funding will be given.