Apply for a Grant – North America
Gilead accepts grant applications year-round, meaning your organization may apply whenever you’re ready. Keep in mind that you must submit the application at least 6 weeks before your activity begins, and that it typically takes about 6 to 12 weeks for us to review it.
Once Gilead has determined whether to fund your grant, we will send notification by email to the contact listed on your grant account profile.
Steps to Apply
1. Review Our Guidelines to Ensure Your Project Is Eligible
NOTE: If you’re applying for Medical and Scientific Support and you represent a for-profit company, please submit your application to Gilead’s Independent Medical Education Department (IMED) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Ensure You Have a Valid Federal Tax ID number (U.S. based organizations only – not applicable to Canadian organizations)
All grant applications must include a U.S. federal tax ID number. If you are a nonprofit organization, please also include your proof of status (e.g., a 501(c)(3) IRS letter). Only organizations, not individuals, are eligible to apply.
3. Create or Log In to Your Account
You will submit your grant application via our secure online system. To create an account or log in, scroll to the bottom of this page.
4. Complete the Online Application
You will be asked to provide the following information in the online application. You can always save your answers and return later if you need more time.
- Dates(s) and location(s) of project events (please note that grant funding is not provided for more than one year at a time)
- Final event agenda(s) (please do not include the names or affiliations of presenting speakers)
- Target audience and publicity plan
- Detailed project budget, including a breakdown of how you will use the funds requested from Gilead, as well as total estimated project expenses
- Number of medical education credits offered and accreditation information (where applicable)
5. Review and Finalize Your Application
Please review your application carefully before submitting it, as changes cannot be made after submission. We will send you a confirmation email after receiving your application.