The Gilead Foundation is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization, endowed by Gilead Sciences, Inc.
Vision & Mission
Vision: A neighbor in the community; a citizen in society.
Mission: We strive for health prosperity for all. We create spheres of impact – in our company, in the community, in society – by encouraging a culture of giving, engaging with local communities and exploring innovative approaches to complex social issues.
The COVID-19 pandemic amplified how connected we are as a global society – and the widespread impact of health and justice disparities. Through the Gilead Foundation’s three pillars – Giving Together Program, Building Community Donations and the Creating Possible Fund – we create a more equitable and prosperous world for all.
Pillars of Giving
We match employees’ donations to the causes they care most about.
Through our Giving Together program, we encourage a culture of giving by matching Gilead employee contributions to eligible organizations and collaborating with our employee resource groups.
We contribute to the local communities where we live and work.
Through our Building Community donations, we help build healthy communities by supporting local organizations focused on STEM education, social services and environmental sustainability.
Creating Possible Fund
We seed innovative approaches to complex social issues.
Through our Creating Possible Fund, we address the social determinants of health, with an emphasis on accelerating education equity.
Gilead Foundation Board of Directors
Keeley Cain Wettan
Secretary and Treasurer
Merdad Parsey, MD, PhD
How to Apply
To apply for a Gilead Foundation Grant, please use our secure online system below to create an account or log in.
Please review your application carefully before submitting it, as changes cannot be made after submission. We will send you a confirmation email after receiving your application.
The Gilead Foundation has an open application process and reviews requests on a rolling basis.
- Submission of an application does not guarantee any award of funding.
- The Gilead Foundation reserves the right to approve or deny any submitted application for any reason, at its sole discretion.
- Recipients receiving support will be required to complete post-program budget reconciliation, submit any data required for state/federal reporting purposes such as open payments (Sunshine Act) and provide program outcomes.
- The awarding of a grant in any one cycle does not imply that any subsequent grant for the same project or a similar project will be awarded without further application and approval.
- Previous funding from Gilead and/or the Gilead Foundation does not imply any future funding will be given.