The Gilead Foundation is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization, endowed by Gilead Sciences, Inc.
Vision & Mission
A neighbor in the community; a citizen in society.
We strive for health prosperity – not just health equity – for all. We create spheres of impact – in our company, in the community, in society – by encouraging a culture of giving, engaging in our local communities and exploring innovative approaches to complex social issues.
The COVID-19 pandemic amplified how connected we are as a global society – and the health and justice disparities that exist among us. By encouraging a culture of giving in our company, engaging with our communities and investing in innovative approaches to complex social issues, we can create new spheres of impact toward a more equitable and more prosperous world for all.
Pillars of Giving
We match employees’ donations to the causes they care most about.
Through our Giving Together program, we encourage a culture of giving by matching employee contributions to eligible organizations at a 1:1 rate, hosting special 2:1 match campaigns in collaboration with our employee resource groups and through our volunteer rewards program. We match employees’ donations to the causes they care most about.
We contribute to the local communities where we live and work.
Through our Community Donations program, we build healthy communities by addressing social determinants of health. Our areas of focus in this pillar are aligned with community needs, supported by historical funding and input from employees and community members. Our areas of focus include STEM Education, Social Services and Sustainability.
Creating Possible Fund
We seed innovative approaches to complex social issues, with an emphasis on achieving health equity through educational equity.
We promote health equity through education by focusing on systems change and community connection for underserved students in Grades 6 through 12.
Gilead Foundation Board of Directors
Keeley Cain Wettan
Board Chair and Interim President
Secretary and Treasurer
Merdad Parsey, MD, PhD
How to Apply
To apply for a Gilead Foundation Grant, please use our secure online system below to create an account or log in.
Please review your application carefully before submitting it, as changes cannot be made after submission. We will send you a confirmation email after receiving your application.
The Gilead Foundation has an open application process and reviews requests on a rolling basis. Note that it typically takes four to six weeks for the Foundation to review and respond to an application.
- Submission of an application does not guarantee any award of funding.
- The Gilead Foundation reserves the right to approve or deny any submitted application for any reason, at its sole discretion.
- Recipients receiving support will be required to complete post-program budget reconciliation, submit any data required for state/federal reporting purposes such as open payments (Sunshine Act) and provide program outcomes.
- The awarding of a grant in any one cycle does not imply that any subsequent grant for the same project or a similar project will be awarded without further application and approval.
- Previous funding from Gilead and/or the Gilead Foundation does not imply any future funding will be given.